AIWA is a browser wallet for Aion that allows you to store AION or ATS tokens. It allows you to interact with distributed apps on Aion without running an Aion node. DApps can be authorized to perform transactions without being exposed to your private keys or seed words.
- Simple browser plugin (Chrome Extension)
- Send transactions to other addresses natively in the app
- Injects Aion Web3 into your browser, providing functions that websites can use to read and write requests to the Aion Network (seamless DApp integration)
- Allows users to specify which Aion Node they want to connect to (Testnet or Mainnet)
- Secure - stores your account information in a vault which is encrypted using a password you choose
- Easy to use, convenient, intuitive interface
What's the difference between a vault and a wallet?
A wallet is an object that can be used to store AION or ATS tokens. A wallet corresponds to either a private key or a seed phrase.
A vault is a single file that contains your AIWA-generated seed phrase, as well as any imported seed phrases or private keys. It is proprietary to AIWA at this time, but it does provide the easiest way to transfer your AIWA data to another instance of Chrome.
Watch the video walkthrough below or follow the steps.
You'll need to be using the Google Chrome browser
Install AIWA. You can do by having your Chrome Browser open and navigating to the Chrome Web Store and install the extension.
Click "Add to Chrome" on the top right corner of the window, then "Add Extension"
- A new icon will appear in the upper-right corner of the browser. (AIWA plugin icon)
Click on the AIWA icon in the upper right corner of the browser
- Set your AIWA wallet password, then hit the "Create Vault" button. Easy as that - your vault is successfully created!
- There will be 12 mnemonics words in the display box. Be sure to keep them in a safe and secret place. These 12 words will help you retrieve access to your wallet!
Copy to Clipboard and store these somewhere safe.
That completes the set up process of your new AIWA wallet! You should see something like this.
Interested in getting 10 AION (on Testnet) in your wallet? Check out the Faucet - Get your Testnet AION Coins!
The AIWA Team over at BlockX Labs have put together and end-to-end tutorial on building a Aion dApp using AIWA and NodeSmith. Take a look!